Arrive at Edinburgh’s Waverley Station via LNER East Coast for a city break from Aberdeen, Inverness, London, York, Leeds, Newcastle or Durham (or more stations within easy reach of the (LNER East Coast rail links).
LNER have some great ideas of how to save on travel costs when visiting Edinburgh, see below.
Save on your bookings to Edinburgh with LNER Trains
- If there are 4 of you travelling together, take advantage of LNER small group deals
- Use your Nectar Card to collect points or spend on LNER East Coast tickets
- Book up to 3 months in advance for weekend bookings
- Book up to 24 weeks in advance for mid-week bookings
- Tweet from your seat – book direct with Virgin Trains East Coast and get free wi-fi from any seat
Ideas for things to do on a City Break in Edinburgh
- Take Rosemary’s Edinburgh Walk – we’ve written a walking route especially for our friend
- Explore the great views nearby with our Salisbury Crags walk
- We’ve got a whole underground street in Edinburgh where it never rains!
- Or you could just wander from café to café.
- Edinburgh Zoo is open every day of the year unless it’s really icy.
- Shop till you drop – with a view of Edinburgh Castle from Princes Street – where else would you get that?
Pin it for Later: City Breaks by Train to Edinburgh Waverley
We hope you will visit Edinburgh soon or read more articles in this blog to find out what there is to see and do in Edinburgh. Click this link for the 2edinburgh.com home page