If you’re planning a trip to Edinburgh this Easter, we’ve put together a short list of ideas to help you get the most out of your trip. If you are a family, couple or a group of friends Edinburgh has a lot to offer the visitor. You will never be stuck for something to see and do. The problem is there is so much to choose from.
If you haven’t been to Edinburgh before then I would recommend you take a bus tour. Most tours start outside Waverley Station. The ticket you buy lasts for 24 hours. You can hop on and hop off if you find an attraction you want to visit.
Idea’s of what there is to see and do in Edinburgh at Easter
- Edinburgh Zoo – book tickets in advance to see the pandas as it can be busy on the day
- National Museum of Scotland Good for a wet day.
- Camera Obscura – make sure you have a camera as there are lots of opportunities for fun photographs
- Mary’s Milk Bar in the Grassmarket has one of the best selections of ice creams in Edinburgh and is well worth a visit.
- Edinburgh Castle – again, book tickets in advance to skip the queues and if you’re interested in seeing Stirling Castle as well the 3 day Explorer Pass might be of interest
- It’s Edinburgh International Science Festival time, so you’ll have plenty there to experience too
- We love to visit the Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh at any time of year, but spring is always a special treat
- The Royal Yacht Britannia is well worth a visit. There is a tour bus which leaves from Waverley Bridge. However is you don’t want the tour the 22 bus from Princes Street leaves every ten minutes for Ocean Terminal.
- If you want to visit Rosslyn Chapel read our blog on the best way to get there.
What would you add?
If you are looking for accommodation in the centre of Edinburgh this Easter, take a look at www.visitscotland.com Please note this site does not charge commission on bookings or contact accommodation providers directly for the best price.
If you have found this blog useful and want to read more of our blogs click on the link www.2edinburgh.com to return to our home page.