At Sandcastle Holidays we are committed to providing good quality self-catering accommodation whilst minimising the impact of our business activities on the environment.
Some ways which we are currently achieving this are:-
1. Using Eco Friendly cleaning materials in our cottages and supplying eco-friendly washing up liquid.
2. Providing newspaper recycling facilities at Sandcastle Cottage, and we will recycle newspapers at Craigwell Cottage if guests separate them from their other waste and store them for our collection.
3. Composting garden waste at Sandcastle Cottage and Craigwell Cottage.
4. Providing information for guests to enable them to use public transport facilities to reach our properties.
5. Replacing light bulbs with low energy bulbs when they need to be renewed.
6. Encouraging guests to switch off electrical appliances and not leave on standby.
7. Purchasing energy efficient white goods.
8. Using e-mail as much as possible for company correspondence to cut down on paper.
9. We minimise our use of print advertising, and no longer produce brochures about the cottages.
10. Providing on-line booking facilities for guests to cut down on paper.
11. Supporting local tradesmen for all our repairs and maintenance.
12. Providing showers for guests which use less water than baths.
One thought on “Green Policy for Sandcastle Holidays”
Pingback:Edinburgh’s Green Spaces #EdinHour