Arrive at Edinburgh’s Waverley Station via Virgin Trains East Coast for a city break from Aberdeen, Inverness, London, York, Leeds, Newcastle or Durham (or more stations within easy reach of the (LNER East Coast rail links).
At Craigwell Cottage, which is just a short walk from Waverley Station, we offer short breaks from 3 nights minimum (7 nights at peak times). We sleep up to 4 people in one double room, and one twin-bedded room. No sofa beds here, although we do offer the possibility of a travel cot in lieu of one of the twin beds for our younger visitors.
Virgin Trains have some great ideas of how to save on travel costs when visiting Edinburgh, and with Craigwell Cottage being only a short stroll from the station, it’s a great location from which you can wander to the city centre attractions, no matter what the weather.
Save on your bookings to Edinburgh Waverley with Virgin Trains
- If there are 4 of you travelling together, take advantage of Virgin’s small group deals
- Use your Nectar Card to collect points or spend on Virgin East Coast tickets
- Book up to 3 months in advance for weekend bookings
- Book up to 24 weeks in advance for mid-week bookings
- Tweet from your seat – book direct with Virgin Trains East Coast and get free wi-fi from any seat
Ideas for things to do on a City Break in Edinburgh
- Take Rosemary’s Edinburgh Walk – we’ve written a walking route especially for our friend
- Explore the great views nearby with our Salisbury Crags walk
- We’ve got a whole underground street in Edinburgh where it never rains!
- Or you could just wander from café to café doing the Edinburgh Cake Trail.
- Edinburgh Zoo is open every day of the year unless it’s really icy.
- Shop till you drop – with a view of Edinburgh Castle from Princes Street – where else would you get that?
Book City Centre Holiday Accommodation near Waverley Station Edinburgh
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have about a short break in Edinburgh. Take a look inside the cottage if you wish, or if you’re ready to book, just follow the link:
We look forward to welcoming you to Edinburgh.
Pin it for Later: City Breaks by Train to Edinburgh Waverley