It’s been a while since I’ve written about spending New Year in Edinburgh – mainly because we’re usually booked well in advance. We’re all booked up again this year, so don’t delay if you’re looking to bring in 2016 in Edinburgh.
Here is a selection of our favourites from the 2014/15 programme:
- Bring your Christmas money and go shopping – arrive at Craigwell Cottage on the 27th and head for the shops.
- Visit Edinburgh Zoo – open every day of the year, so spend a day here and see the pandas.
- Go skating at St Andrew Square – new for 2014!
- Get wrapped up and join the Torchlight Procession on the 30th December.
- Rest up for the big night out – relax and enjoy a meal in one of Edinburgh’s cool bars – we like brunch at Hemma Bar (just a short walk from Craigwell Cottage).
- Head out to the Concert in the Gardens, the Keilidh or the Street Party – all three guaranteed to give you a view of the spectacular midnight fireworks from Edinburgh Castle.
- Make your way to the National Museum of Scotland to start your New Year’s Day journey – free event, discovering mystical and magical SCOT:LANDS (registration in advance required)
- Or, if you’re brave enough – head to South Queensferry on New Year’s Day for the Loony Dook (brrr!)
- Climb a city-centre hill – Arthur’s Seat, Calton Hill, or Salisbury Crags are all favourites
- Join in #Blogmanay – take photos of the city (as we did for #Blogmanay 2013/14), and add them to Instagram or Twitter using the tag to find others things to do around the city.
Craigwell Cottage is a city centre cottage with parking and wi-fi, sleeping 4 people in 2 bedrooms (one double, one twin). Full details of offers for Christmas & New Year 2015/15 on our tariffs page.